Solvent Detergent Treated Plasma
February 16, 2012
Funding and Distribution of Solvent Detergent Treated Plasma
In 2011, the Provinces and Territories approved the funding and distribution of solvent detergent treated plasma (S/D Plasma) by Canadian Blood Services for specific patient groups as recommended by the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH). Subsequently, the Provincial / Territorial Blood Liaison Committee requested NAC to develop further framework regarding the distribution and handling of S/D Plasma and to collaborate with Canadian Blood Services to identify a suitable mechanism by which S/D Plasma would be routinely available only for the specific patient groups identified.
The process by which S/D Plasma is available to patients is supported by the Provincial and Territorial Ministries of Health.
Framework for Appropriate Use and Distribution of Solvent Detergent Treated Plasma
Cadre d'utilisation et de distribution du plasma traité par solvant/détergent au Canada
- Companion Document to: “RBC Transfusion: AABB Guideline”
- Massive Transfusion
- National Blood Shortages Plan
- New Direct Anticoagulants
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrates/PCC Videos
- Recipient Recall Notification
- S/D Plasma
- Criteria for Use - Alprolix and Eloctate
- Adverse Reaction Reporting Mechanisms