Prothrombin Complex Concentrates
There are 2 Prothrombin Complex Concentrates products currently available in Canada (octaplex® and Beriplex® P/N). NAC does not endorse one product over the other.
Local dosing policies and practices may vary. Please refer to Recommendations for Use of Prothrombin Complex Concentrates in Canada for sample dosing schedules to determine which dosing schedule supports your local practices/policies.
PCC for Healthcare Providers – Quick Reference
This video provides a guide to the National Advisory Committee guidelines in the use of Prothrombin Complex Concentrates for warfarin reversal with particular focus on nurses, Medical Lab Technicians and Blood Bank staff.
PCC for Physicians – Quick Reference
This video provides an overview of the National Advisory Committee guidelines in the use of Prothrombin Complex Concentrates in warfarin reversal. Transfusion Specialists & Emergency Medicine viewpoints are presented.
PCC Reconstitution Guide
This video provides a visual guide to reconstituting Prothrombin Complex Concentrates.
- Companion Document to: "RBC Transfusion: AABB Guideline"
- Group O Rh-Negative
- Massive Transfusion
- National Blood Shortages Plan
- New Direct Anticoagulants
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrates/PCC Videos
- Recipient Recall Notification
- RHD Genotyping for Prenatal Patients
- S/D Plasma
- Criteria for Use - Alprolix and Eloctate
- Adverse Reaction Reporting Mechanisms